If you’re stuck in the doldrums of winter and looking for an escape, we’ve compiled the Top 5 Destinations to visit in the United States this March! March signals the beginning of spring when temperatures start rising, the sun stays in the sky longer, and people start itching for a break. Fortunately, March is a fantastic month for traveling! There are less crowds, lower rates, and more tolerable weather than you’d find during the summer months. Before you book your trip, here’s our list of the Top 5 Places to visit in the US this March!
1. Washington D.C. – The nation’s Capital is a great destination to travel to in the month of March. It is home to a wide array of museums, landmarks, cultural events, and American history. There are many different local shops and marketplaces to explore, as well as an up-and-coming dining scene. Visiting in March, you’re avoiding the huge crowds of tourists that flood the city during the summer. Quite possibly the best reason to visit D.C. in March is for their beautiful cherry blossom trees that begin to bloom. The cherry blossom trees were given as a gift to the United States from Japan in 1912. Each year they are celebrated in the National Cherry Blossom Festival, which commemorates our lasting friendship and strong relationship with Japan. This year the Festival begins March 15 and runs through April 16, 2017.
2. Scottsdale, AZ – If you love sports, the outdoors, or art then Scottsdale is the perfect destination for you! The city is home to the MLB’s Spring Training which takes place in March every year. It’s a great chance to see your favorite professional baseball teams practice and play up-close-and-personal. Hotels in the area often get in on the action too offering different discounts and exclusive offers during Spring Training. For example, the Scottsdale Omni Hotel & Resort offers guests a complimentary fourth night during Spring Training. If sports aren’t your thing, Scottsdale is also a great hub for shopping, entertainment, and the arts. Their historic Arts District is located in the heart of downtown Scottsdale and is home to a great variety of different galleries, museums, and boutique shops.
3. Las Vegas, NV – Sin City is at the top of many travelers lists as a go-to getaway. Perks of visiting in March? Comfortable temperatures averaging between the 70s and 80s and much less crowds than you’d see in their peak summer season. The best part about Las Vegas is that the experience is completely customizable and can be shaped into whatever like. If you’re a high-roller, there are thousands of slots and games to be played. If that’s not up your alley, Las Vegas is also home to amazing nightclubs, spas, high-end shopping, and gourmet restaurants. Don’t forget about the hundreds of shows and wonderful entertainment the city has to offer either! You can find anything from concerts and Cirque du Soleil performances to magic and comedy shows. One performance you won’t want to miss in March? Bruno Mars performing at Park Theater at the Monte Carlo Resort March 11 & 12.
4. New Orleans, LA – With Mardi Gras coming to an end, it’s the perfect time to make a trip to New Orleans missing the swarms of visitors. NOLA is the perfect setting to put your feet up, sit back, and relax. With one walk down Bourbon Street in the French Quarter, you’ll be exposed to some of the city’s greatest bars and clubs, but also rich history and folklore that dates back to the early 18th century. The Galatoire’s Restaurant is one of New Orleans’s oldest eateries, which was founded by Jean Galatoire in 1905 and specializes in French creole cuisine. Of course, your ears will be flooded with live jazz music too, as it’s one of the city’s most prized treasures. New to the city this March is the Ace Hotel located on the corner of Carondelet and Lafayette in a building dating back to 1928. Near art galleries, shopping, museums, and more, the Ace Hotel is sure to become a new favorite amongst travelers.
5. Los Angeles, CA – Another popular vacation destination, Los Angeles has something for everyone. The peak season for tourists is during the summer, so visiting in March allows for travelers to navigate the city a little easier. It also offers milder temperatures that perfect for hiking or walking the sandy beaches. One of the best things LA has to offer is their behind-the-scenes look at filmmaking and television production. There are a variety of different studios to look around and tons of different tours to take. Los Angeles is also home to many different styles of architecture and design that visitors can experience in all of the city’s different neighborhoods. Topping off the list, Los Angeles has some of the most eclectic cuisine options in the nation. 71Above is one of the trendiest and most popular restaurants, located at the top of US Bank Tower with panoramic views of the city in all directions. It has a modern and upscale dining room featuring food from renowned chef, Vartan Abgaryan. Make sure to make a reservation as it’s one of the LA’s hot spots right now.
Wherever you choose to travel this March, we hope you have a relaxing and safe stay!