Twin Anchors Restaurant & Tavern, Chicago IL | Merchant Profile

Twin Anchors Restaurant & Tavern is a historic spot located in the heart of Old Town in Chicago. The restaurant dates back to 1932 and has been open ever since. Mary Kay Tuzi, Paul Tuzi, and Gina Manrique who inherited the place from their parents now own Twin Anchors. They are only the third family to run the restaurant and do a great job or preserving its history and traditions. In the early 1950s, Frank Sinatra made his first visit to Twin Anchors Restaurant & Tavern. Over the decades he continued to stop in at Twin Anchors whenever he was in town. He even brought in Sammy Davis Jr. and other celebrities with him on occasion, taking the Twins Anchors from a neighborhood tavern to a must-stop destination. Sinatra loved Twin Anchorsí food and always treated the staff that waited on him with respect and class; sometimes tipping waiters $100! The walls of Twin Anchors are lined with pictures of celebrities and autographs from their famous frequenters. Since the restaurant is family-owned and operated, they make it their mission to treat every customer like family when they walk through the door. The staff is friendly and warm and make sure that every guest leaves with a full stomach and smile. Twin Anchors Restaurant & Tavern is famously known for their delicious ribs. The recipe dates back to the 1930s when the Walters family owned the tavern. Mrs. Walters first began selling the ribs occasionally in the restaurant, but after customers kept requesting them more frequently they decided to add the ribs to the menu permanently. Today, the Tuzi family continues to use Mrs. Waltersí fall-off-the-bone rib recipe along with her original homemade mild sauce. They have also created a zesty sauce that offers a little more kick along with a prohibition sauce that contains a hint of ghost pepper for delicious heat. Although Twin Anchorsí ribs make up 70% of their sales, the other food on their menu is equally delicious. They offer great burgers and pulled pork sandwiches that are made from scratch. Their chicken wings are another fan favorite that work great with the hot prohibition sauce. Twin Anchors even offers some seafood dishes on their menu as well. Many people think Twin Anchors is a seafood restaurant because of its name, but its original owner Captain Herb Eldean was actually a harbormaster, hence where it got its nautical themed name. In addition to Twin Anchorsí delectable food menu, they also feature a full-service bar. They feature fifteen beers on tap as well as another thirty beers available in bottles. Their cocktail menu is done in a prohibition style because Twin Anchors was actually a speakeasy back during prohibition times. The bar itself was donated by the Schlitz Brewing Company in 1917 and is still in use today. Next year in 2017 will mark the barís 100th year in Twin Anchors. Twin Anchors Restaurant & Tavern does offer catering for special events and parties that is available for dine-in or pick-up. They also feature delivery and carryout services so customers can enjoy their food in the comfort of their own home. Twin Anchors also has an outdoor cafÈ that they open during the summer months for guests to enjoy the warm weather. Twin Anchors Restaurant & Tavern is a generational bar that strives to keep its legacy alive. Every customer is valued and treated like a part of the family. To immerse yourself in amazing history and a delightful ambiance while enjoying a delicious, hearty meal make sure to visit Twin Anchors soon!

Address
1655 N. Sedgwick St.
Chicago, IL 60614